Launch Party at Zhu Canton // Yum Cha Party! o(≧∇≦o)

On Monday 22nd August, I was invited to attend the opening launch of Zhu Canton, located in the Randwick Club, Level 3. Zhu Canton shares several meanings including host to join together and express good wishes. The new restaurant is offering diners a thoroughly 21st century take on Asian cuisine in a luxurious and relaxing environment.

135 Alison Rd, Randwick, Sydney
(Level 3, The Randwick Club)
Opening Hours: Tues- Sun: 11am - 10pm
Ph: (02) 9399 4188

I took my leo pals, Stephanie and TonyLion to the event with me and we were quite excited not only for the food there but also the fact that we could dress up as there was a dress code, which was COCKTAIL.


We arrived a bit past 6pm that evening and we were greeted by the PR Company, who had invited us, and also the staff of Zhu Canton. We then took our seats anywhere we liked and started our night with some champagne. Throughout the night finger food were being served, which mainly included popular dimsum’s such as har gao, siu mai, etc.


Overall, I was quite impressed with the quality of the food that was served to us that night, as there was quite a huge crowd to cater for so consistency can be an issue at these sort of functions. The Har Gao skin was thin and not sticky at all and the prawn was fresh too.



Our favourite dish of the night would have to be the Peking duck, as the meat was tender and juicy, plus the skin was super crispy too.
We took our time eating, taking photos and mingling with a few of the other guest that night. I was surprised to find a lot of other foodies and bloggers were present that night, but I didn’t manage to see most of them, maybe it was because I was too food-focused as I was really hungry that night.
The service was wonderful, as the Zhu Canton staff were super friendly and helpful too. My friends and I could speak Cantonese, so at times we would make request or thank the staff in our language and it just made the whole experience that much better.


To complete the whole event, they had also prepared a lion dance performance to welcome the new restaurant on the premise. It was lovely to see our culture being embraced by many and enjoy the performances. I, of course, tried to snap a few photos but it definitely came with its challenges.



My friends and I left shortly after dessert was served with the mango pancakes, cookies and black sesame filled balls (jian duo). I cannot wait to come back again as I most likely will have yumcha here before my graduation ceremony to catch up with all my friends and family. 

 ♥♥♥♥♥
[26092016]
Sorry that I haven't been uploading much this month, it is my company's end of financial year month so I've been a it busier and tired than usual! But after that I should be a little more free to update my blog more often!! 

Remember to like my facebook page, subscribe to my youtube channel, follow my instagram:"lazypandah" & LOOKBOOK:lazypandah for daily updates! 

 Comments are love ♥
-LAZYPANDAH
Follow on Bloglovin 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop a comment(=´∇`=)
Thanks for visiting (♥ó㉨ò)ノ♡