Izayaka Yebisu (۶* ‘ꆚ’)۶” // Little Japan in Sydney CBD

Izayaka Yebisu is an authentic izayaka-styled Japanese restaurant and I was invited by Washoku Lovers to come try out their menu. For those wondering what an “izayaka” is, it is a type of informal Japanese gastro-pub, for casual dining after work. 




At Yebisu they offer small portions so you can enjoy a wider range from their selection on their menu. Additionally, they have a great variety of drinks with more than 100 items to select, such as sake, shochu, cocktails and non-alcoholic mocktails too.



As I haven’t been to Yebisu to dine yet, I decided to take my mate TonyLion to join me on this food adventure. We had a voucher of $80 to spend at the restaurant, so we made our dish choices wisely~ We ordered a few sushi’s, gratin, gyoza,



Of course we had to start the night with some drinks, so we got long island and a mojito. 


While we were drinking and chatting away, the dishes we ordered started to appear on our table and the first being the Chawanmushi(AUD$6.80). The chawanmushi was soft, smooth and tasty too, but I did find the price for this a tad overpriced, because ingredient-wise, it is just egg.

Next we tried the Chilli Pork Dumpling (AUD$9.80). We couldn’t really taste the spiciness from the chilli, so was a little disappointed, but the filling of the dumpling was quite juicy and delicious in taste. 





We heard the sushi at Yebisu were fresh, plus they have toro too and not a lot of places sell toro sushi. So of course we had to order a few sushi's. 


I absolutely love my scallops so, of course, I had to try their Aburi Scallops (AUD$6.50). This was one of my favourite dish of the night, definitely the scallop sushi! They served 2 full scallop per sushi, which was very generous, as many places tend to slice the one scallop in half for sushi.


We also ordered the Aburi Scallop & mentai (AUD$6.80) sushi too, which was delicious! The scallop was fresh and sweet, whereas the mentai added a cream-like texture for smoother texture and richer in taste.



As mentioned earlier, Yebisu does have toro sushi so how could we not order it, right? Not a lot of Japanese restaurant's in Sydney offer Toro, so once I saw that they have it available on their sushi menu, I order them. Once again the fish was fresh and the toro was quite delicious and soft in texture. 


We also got their Ootoro, because I meant why not!! This is fattier than the plain toro, and it was just lovely~ Although I cannot compare them to Japan's toro, it still satisfied my craving's.



The next dish we got was their Broccoli & tomato mayo gratin (AUD$9.80), which was pretty average in my opinion. It was definitely overpriced but it was quite nice as I did enjoy it regardless, but I must say, but I'm sure you could make this at home.


The last dish we ordered was the Tom Yum Goong Sushi Roll (AUD$15.80). Tony and I had high expectations for this dish where it did not meet our standards. I could not taste any tom yum flavour at all! I was really disappointed, especially for what you pay for. 



The food used at Yebisu are fresh and tastes quite nice, but the prices are a bit overpriced based on the flavours and ingredients, in my opinion. However, I do like how they come around with a trolley of sake and you are able to try a few from their selection and you can order if you want some too. 




I tried these the two sake in the photo above and they were both quite strong yet delicious. 


Overall my first experience at Yebisu was quite a nice one and their staff were friendly and they have quite a huge selection of foods and drinks, but I don't think I would go back anytime soon as the pricing is quite expensive.




Shop 7-10, 501 George St, Sydney , 2000
Opening Hours: 
Sun-Wed: 12pm - 11pm
Thurs-Sat : 12 - 11:30pm

Ph: (02) 9266 0301

Yebisu Izakaya Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

♥♥♥♥♥
[27092016]
Good morning everyone! I'm on a roll with my foodie post and I cannot wait to share more of them as well some more beauty, travel and review post too! Comment below on which category blog post you'd like to see next!! Anyway, only a few more days till September ends which means busier days for me! 

Remember to like my facebook page, subscribe to my youtube channel, follow my instagram:"lazypandah" & LOOKBOOK:lazypandah for daily updates! 

Comments are love ♥
-LAZYPANDAH
Follow on Bloglovin 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop a comment(=´∇`=)
Thanks for visiting (♥ó㉨ò)ノ♡