Flour Drum // Burger & Pasta (๑꒪▿꒪)*

I finally made my way to Newtown's Flour Drum cafe where they serve rustic food inspired by traditional preparation techniques with a modern approach. I've always wanted to try the dishes there as I've been seeing so many hearty dishes on their instagram page. 


First thing I ordered was their chai latte which arrived in a cute little ceramic cup. The chai latte had a lovely aroma but it didn't have a very strong taste at all so I was a little disappointed. 

As for the dishes my friend and I ordered their Slow cooked Hoisin pulled pork burger and their 8 hour slow braised lam shanku ragu. 

The slow cooked Hoisin pull pork burger was served on a charcoal brioche bun with Asian red cabbage, herbs and chipotle mayonnaise slaw. The burger was juicy and delicious, I absolutely loved the flavours that they put together for this.

The house-made pappardelle 8 hour slow braised lamb shank ragu was served with an Asian-style shallot and chilli infused olive oil, Cyprian volcanic black sea salt. I was really looking forward to this dish as it sounded and looked amazing however I was not impressed at all. There was barely any lamb and the flavour was bland. The only good thing was the pappardelle. 

I don't think I'll be coming back to try the braised lamb ragu dish again, but I may come back to try their patisseries next time. 


Level 1, Chifley Square (Cnr. Phillip & Hunter St), Sydney, NSW, 2000
Opening Hours: MON - SAT: 7AM - 4PM / SUN: 8AM - 4PM
Ph: (02) 9565 2822
INSTAGRAM
Flour Drum Newtown Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

♥♥♥♥♥
Remember to like my facebook page, subscribe to my youtube channel & follow my instagram:"lazypandah" for daily updates! 
Comments are love ♥
-LAZYPANDAH

No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop a comment(=´∇`=)
Thanks for visiting (♥ó㉨ò)ノ♡