Shin Yasaka Ramen, Neutral Bay // Food blogger soft launch ⌒゚(❀>◞౪◟<)゚⌒

On the 29th June, I was invited by Washoku Lovers to attend another foodie event. This time is was a more special occasion, as we would be trying the dishes for the pre-launch of Yasaka's second store in Netural Bay. 


I decided to take my mum along with me to enjoy a warm meal. She was super excited about it and the food too! 


Yasaka Ramen is known for their house made noodles and tonkotsu soup. Their Neutral Bay store is called Shin-Yasaka, which has the same menu as their city store, but will be using a new and different cooking method for their ramen. 



One of the Washoku Lovers staff, Kayla, gave us a short introduction of the store and its concept. On a side note, I actually know Kayla from uni as we were classmates in our Japanese classes. 


We got to meet the head chef, Takeshi Sekigawa, who delivered a speech introducing himself, his concept and what he wanted to achieve for the future. 


Additionally, his motto "No Ramen, No Life" is definitely something I hold dear, especially when winter is here! Best comfort food ever! I took a photo with Takeshi Sekigawa himself after we had finished our meal! 



Our night began with drinks then our entrees arrived shortly after which were edamame beans and karaage chicken. The chicken was served piping hot and once I bit into it I could taste how juicy and tender it was.

We also had a a plate of condiments, from left to right, there was white sesame seeds, pickled ginger and chilli sauce. The chilli sauce was great, as it gave the dishes that extra punch of spice! 

The main dish of the night, which was their signature ramen called the Shin Yasaka ramen, was really delicious and perfect for a cold winters' day! The broth was thick with a very deep and intense flavour. The thick noodles were chewy yet firm in taste and they are made fresh everyday.   


The last dish served that night was their Kakuni bao, which is very similar to a pork belly bun! The pork was super juicy and full of flavour. Plus, it easily falls apart as you bite into it and the sauce was the perfect touch of dressing needed to bring out the heavenliness of this bao. 



Also, can you see the fine red stringy stuff in the previous photo? At first glance I thought it was saffron, but knowing the price of it I decided to try a strand on its own. It turned out to be dried chilli strands, which was so YUM!!


On their opening days, Saturday (2nd July) and Sunday (3rd July), they were handing out 50 free "No Ramen, No Life" jumpers and shirts. Seeing all the amazing instagram posts, their grand opening ceremony was a huge success, plus you can still purchase their "No Ramen, No Life" apparel or iphone case too!  


Shop 1, 161-163 Military Rd, Neutral Bay, 2089
Opening Hours: Mon-Sun
Lunch: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Dinner: 5:30pm- 9/10pm
Ph: (02) 8317 4805

Yasaka Ramen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
You can also read my first blog post on WASHOKU LOVERS blog!


♥♥♥♥♥
[050716]
Already July, meaning we are hitting the middle of winter now and the days are definitely getting colder and wetter too. I have been busy trying to organise my life in general as I try to fit in meetings with the Washoku Lovers team (as I have joined them as an intern), catching up with friends and my blog entries. I am definitely feeling more and more busy but I am slowly getting use to how things are working out now. However things will once again change when I start my full time job next week! Little nervous too!! ><"

Remember to like my facebook page, subscribe to my youtube channel, follow my instagram:"lazypandah" & LOOKBOOK:lazypandah for daily updates! 

Comments are love ♥
-LAZYPANDAH
Follow on Bloglovin 

1 comment :

  1. That tonkotsu broth is like liquid gold! Love Takeshi-san's work!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop a comment(=´∇`=)
Thanks for visiting (♥ó㉨ò)ノ♡