TRUFFLE SEASON // Cavalier Speciality Coffee in St Leonards *(*´∀`*)☆

Last Tuesday I met up with my friend, Virginia, for a catch brunch session. We decided to try something new and close to the both of us, so we decided on Cavalier Specialty Coffee, which is a 8-10min walk from St Leonards station. My main reason for choosing this place was because of their truffle menu that they are offering in July. So we ordered 3 dishes topped with truffle, along with a cup of coffee each. 

34 Oxley St, Crows Nest, Sydney
Opening Hours: 
Mon: CLOSED
Tues & Fri: 6:30am - 2:30pm
Sat & Sun: 8am - 2pm
Ph: n/a

Cavalier Specialty Coffee Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


The truffles they are using are the highest grade truffle available, and is also locally grown down on the farm in Pemberton, where little mate Peri sniffed them out on his hunt. I was so lucky to get to see these two large truffles in their beautiful form and boy do they smell amazing!!!


First off, I ordered a mocha with truffle milk, topped with a pinch of salt and slice of truffle. I must say, when I heard truffle milk I was a bit weird-ed out. However, once I tried it, it actually had a really lovely taste, slightly mellow yet sweet, as the salt slightly enhanced the flavors of the truffle, milk and chocolate. 



The first main dish I tried was the Spanner Crab Brunch, topped with truffle (AUD$23 + $10; for truffle). It is a slow poached Queensland spanner crab with jersey milk, smoked sea mayonnaise, basil and 2 poached eggs. I absolutely loved this dish! It was light yet full of delicate flavor's!! However I couldn't really taste the truffle in this so I probably give this dish a miss for the addition of truffles. 


We also ordered another hot dish, which was their 3 Cheese Mushroom Macaroni, topped with truffles (AUD$16 + $10), which came with melted Mozzarella and cheddar cheese, macaroni, mushrooms, crumbs and snowie 50 month Caccionerone. It was quite a heavy and rich dish, I couldn't really taste the mushrooms much, but the truffles came through a bit here. 


Now I did save the best till last and it was their Tiramisu French Toast, topped with truffles (AUD$16 + $10). This is Cavalier's take on french toast with layers of mascarpone cream, chocolate and dulce de leche coffee cream served on brioche. Their french toast was absolutely divine!! It doesn't leave you with that sickly sweet after taste at all, which was perfect for me! I loved how the combination of the sweet ingredients went very well with the flavors and aromas of the shaved truffles! This is such a beautiful dish and I highly recommend everyone to try it out! 



I must say the spanner crab and french toast was my favourite dishes of the day. However I would have loved if the spanner crab was a little bit bigger in serving as it was quite a small dish. Regardless, I can definitely see myself coming back here for some more of the truffle milk coffees and trying their other dishes, maybe without the truffle this time as they do make the dish that much more expensive! 

♥♥♥♥♥
[120716]
Good morning guys! As you are reading this I am at work, learning more about my role and all!! Life is definitely going to be more and more busier every day, but since I'm young now it's good to work as hard as you can to earn that extra cash and invest into your relationships (with friends, family and your partner) as well as your future! 
Anyways have a lovely and beautiful morning, while I sit at my work desk craving for some truffle milk mocha!! 

Remember to like my facebook page, subscribe to my youtube channel, follow my instagram:"lazypandah" & LOOKBOOK:lazypandah for daily updates! 

Comments are love ♥
-LAZYPANDAH
Follow on Bloglovin 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop a comment(=´∇`=)
Thanks for visiting (♥ó㉨ò)ノ♡