Local Mbassy // Brunching Review ¯\_( ◉ 3 ◉ )_/¯

Finally caught up with my girlies, Stephy & Virginia for a weekend brunch session. We originally were going to go to Qube on Bay, but they were closed that day, so we ended up going to Local Mbassy. It's a cute little cafe located in Ultimo, which is a quick 10-15 minute walk from Central station. 


310 Wattle St, Ultimo NSW 2007
Opening Hours: 
Mon-Fri: 7am - 3:30pm
Sat & Sun: 8am - 4pm

Local Mbassy Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


Taro Latte 
We started the day with drinks. I ordered their taro latte, which was very aromatic and had a lovely sweet taste of taro. It was a little bit too sweet for my liking but it was the perfect winter drink. 


Crispy Chicken Burger ($18)
From their food menu I ordered their crispy chicken burger with fries. The burger was disappointing as there was nothing special or great about it. The chicken was overcooked and dry, and the ingredients was the usual tomato and lettuce. I think the plain fries were the best thing about this dish. 


Crispy Skin Salmon Fillet ($26)
The second dish we ordered was their crispy skin salmon with shaved fennel, orange zest, strawberry and basil salad, which looked amazing! However once we cut into the fish, again it was overcooked and rubbery in texture. There was also no dressing for the dish whatsoever, which made it very bland and unappetizing. I could literally cook this up myself and it would cost me less than $26! 


Crispy Pork Belly 
The final dish was their 10 hour slow cooked braised pork belly, root vegetable slice with blood orange jus. The dish presentation looked wonderful. The pork was quite tender and the sweet potato slice was beautifully prepared. The only minus to the dish was the crispy skin of the pork. The skin is the main selling point of this dish and it turned out to be rock hard and chewy. 


Overall, my friends and I left the cafe very unsatisfied and disappointed with the food that was served. It was all overcooked, despite the numerous good reviews about this place. I may not return here for their food, but I do want to try their red velvet pancakes here one day, so I'd probably be back for dessert. 

Remember to like my facebook page, subscribe to my youtube channel & follow my instagram:"lazypandah" for daily updates! 

Comments are love ♥
-LAZYPANDAH
Follow on Bloglovin 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop a comment(=´∇`=)
Thanks for visiting (♥ó㉨ò)ノ♡