Social Distancing | Things to Do 😜

The last time I posted was back in January with my Lunar New Year post which was two months ago. In the last two months I have been super busy as I went to Malaysia and Singapore the day after Lunar New Year (aka Australia Day) for two weeks to attend a friends wedding. This was before the whole Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation took a turn for the worst but I wasn't going to risk it and bought along hand sanitiser and extra tissues everywhere I went. When I came back to Sydney, I jumped straight into my new job and it has been an amazing journey however with the current situation there has been a lot of unexpected challenges that we've overcome and continuously changing or updating to ensure that we're staying relevant and updated at all times.

Australia has had a tough start to 2020 where we've had the bush fires, flooding's and storms and now COVID-19. With the implementations of new protocols around Sydney to reduce the spread of COVID-19 it is crucial to continue to act smart  such as practising general hygiene more than ever and limiting your interactions with social distancing.
Some of you may have already started working from home and despite you may be in the comfort of your own space, let's be honest it can get boring. Trust me I know as my younger brother who started WFH as of last week has been pestering me about what to watch next on Netflix every time I come home from work (as I'm still heading out until further restrictions come into play). Also I have a friend who is in self-quarantine mode as she just came from Bali and is getting bored by the minute and she has another 10 days until she can return home to her family. 
While I haven't started working from home yet, I've popped together a list of things you can do whilst social distancing to keep yourself entertained, engaged and active at home. 


BE CREATIVE
  • Create videos and share your passion or creation, heck even make a video time capsule!
  • Get crafty and start your own DIY project such sewing, knitting, cosplay props making, etc.
  • Practice your makeup skills, I know I'll be doing this daily once I start WFH so I can improve on my cosplay makeup skills
  • Challenge your brain and learn a new skill, such as levelling up your photo editing skills on Adobe Lightroom
  • Compose your own music or learn how to play an instrument. Before the whole lockdown situation I was going to schedule in some music lessons however now that's out of the question, I intend on learning the theory and basics during these time instead

BE PRODUCTIVE
  • Read a book and keep your brain engaged. I managed to put my Kinokuniya voucher to good use the other day and purchased myself two new books to read
  • Learn to cook new dishes, I've already started looking up recipes and will be making an orange cake this weekend.
  • Listen to podcasts! You can learn and get more insight of various perspectives in so many different areas. At the moment I'm thoroughly enjoying Star Talk at work. 
  • Learn a new language...or just the basics! Learning a few phrases in another tongue will keep your brain ticking

BE ACTIVE
  • Go for a walk and enjoy these peaceful strolls. I still take my afternoon walks in the city with caution as it helps to clear the clutter in my brain and I come back with a fresh mind set
  • Workout at home! It is important to keep our bodies healthy so make sure to dedicate some time to exercising! There are so many fitness apps and Youtube videos that you can use
  • Gardening is a great way to be active and resourceful too! Growing your own produce will reduce the pressure at our groceries and shortens your interactions with crowds. Plus the best part is you have your own secret garden full of fresh produce where you'll no longer need to purchase at the groceries. 

BE CHILL
  • Nap, why not!
  • Catching up on Anime!!! Well I do have a list of series that I have been recommended from ages ago, so I guess it's time to whip that list up. I might even put together the social distancing anime recommendations list later next week
  • Throw a Netflix party, you can still get together with your friends virtually as you catch up with your weekly movie nights!
  • Meditate, this is a rare occasion where you'll be able to relax and learn more about yourself as you reflect and observe yourself
  • Play video games, I haven't done this in ages but I still love playing Cooking Mama on my NDS (yes I know its a very old console, but it works just fine)

BE SUPPORTIVE
Continue to support your local businesses online! It makes all the difference to these businesses, so if you're able to support please do. I'm ordering some Korean Fried Chicken as I type away~!

If you're social distancing, what are you doing to get by the days, let me know!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop a comment(=´∇`=)
Thanks for visiting (♥ó㉨ò)ノ♡