Sushi Oe | Favourite Omakase in Sydney

Earlier this year, I had the chance to dine at Sushi Oe as there was one extra seat opening that my friend had available, due to a last-minute cancellation. So I took this opportunity as I have been meaning to try Sushi Oe's omakase for a while now. 

The night began with Chef Oe introducing the menu for the evening, where he mentioned it would be leaning into a more traditional approach in terms of techniques. One of the best in the business, Toshihiko Oe serves 30 or more courses – most of them sushi – to just six lucky guests at once. Although I don't remember all the dish ingredients exactly, I thoroughly enjoyed each and every bite and managed to take photos of each dish. In comparison to my experience at KUON, I must say I was unexpectedly taken away by how different it would be and felt that each dressing did justice to the ingredients and really brought them to another level. 

Lobster

Oyster
Unagi

 Katsuo (bonito)

Imperador

Scallop from Aomori
(The one dish I can't remember)

Toothfish nitsuke

Some of the highlights from the stater dishes for me included the Lobster, Unagi, and Toothfish. The lobster was incredibly fresh and sweet, and the unagi, can never go wrong with a nicely grilled unagi wrapped in the crispiest of seaweed. The toothfish definitely gave me a hearty feeling. 

Sushi
Six types of tuna

Sushi-wise, they were all so delicious! The otoro was just so fatty and delicious! I also really enjoyed the pickled ginger as a palette cleanser. Was super refreshing! Look at their presentation as well, the precision in cutting and plating! 

Prawn head miso soup

Black lip abolone

Roe Rice

Uni
Anago

Tamagoyaki

Kingyokukan

The remaining dishes of the omakase just continued to impress. The prawn head miso soup was just full of flavour and very hearty. The uni wrap was just divine, I haven't had many nice uni experiences in Sydney as they tend to taste bitter and salty, however, this one was just refreshing, creamy and sweet, reminding me of the better times in Japan. The Anaga, freshwater eel sushi was also a favourite because I just love eating grilled eels! As a tradition, we finished off the meal with their tamagoyaki and I honestly was blown away by this simple dish. It had so much umami flavour within and I was just so satisfied with the texture too. For dessert, we had this cute jelly-like dessert which was not overly sweet and was perfect to end the night on. 

Overall, my Sushi Oe omakase experience was definitely a memorable one, and I look forward to coming back again as I think so far it has been my favourite omakase place to date. It definitely made me reopen my heart for omakase experiences here in Sydney, despite the price. Chef Oe, was incredibly kind, patient and quite social too. The food were just wonderful, and I couldn't have had a better experience than this. I can't wait to revisit again when we get a seating and hopefully be blown again once more by the dishes. If you've been to Sushi Oe, I'd love to hear what you thought of it and/or what your favourite dish was? 

476 Miller St, Cammeray NSW 2062
Opening Hours:  Mon: CLOSED | Tues - Sat: 6:30 PM - 10:30PM | Sun: CLOSED

No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop a comment(=´∇`=)
Thanks for visiting (♥ó㉨ò)ノ♡