Kindred | Italian secret near you

Located within the area of Redfern, Kindred is an Italian restaurant located on the corner of Clevland Street. I first noticed this little corner restaurant as I was on my way to the bouldering gym and so happened to be stuck in traffic which is where I noticed their sign. I instantly Googled the place which came up with amazing reviews and friends sharing that their pasta was a must-try! 

After hearing such great feedback about the place, I instantly booked a table for two for my bestie and me. Everything from the sourdough to the cultured butter and of course the pasta is made in-house. The bare wood interior gave it a rustic yet cozy atmosphere, and the staff was attentive and friendly as they shared their opinions about the food and wine menu. 


We started the night with the House-made sourdough bread accompanied by their cultured butter. Thinking we may need to get extra bread, we did not expect the size of it to be more than half my face! The butter was creamy and light, not heavy at all, whilst the bread had a beautiful crunchy crispy crust and was fluffy on the inside. The bread was quickly followed by the Chicken liver, which also came with another two slices of bread. I really liked the cranberry jelly portion as it helped cut through the heaviness of the liver pate. 


Next up we had the carrot dumpling, which came in a brown butter dressing. Honestly one of my favourite dishes of the night. It had home flavour in a bite-size pocket. 


Moving onto the main, we ordered two pastas. The Lamb Ragu and the Chili tomato. The Lamb Ragu was so good! It was packed full of flavour in such a simple-looking dish. The lamb was tender, which shredded easily, and went very well with our wine. The Chili pasta was just as good in flavour, but my bestie and I thought it could have added some extra meat to the dish. The staff came over to see if we'd like to add some cheese to the dish, and of course, we said YES! We definitely topped up on the cheese so we had extras to mix through well into the dish. 


We also ordered the sides of roasted carrots, which were also quite delightful and sweet. 


We decided to get dessert towards the end, and we both ordered the tiramisu. It was one of the best tiramisu's I've had in a while at a restaurant, where my bestie had to get seconds for takeaway to bring back home! Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my dining experience at Kindred, as they offer beautifully homemade dishes that cannot be compared elsewhere. They also offer vegetarian options too. 


137 Cleveland St, Darlington NSW 2008
Opening Hours:  Sun & Mon: CLOSED 
Dinner, Tues - Sat: 5:30 PM - 8:45PM | Lunch, Fri & Sat: 12:00PM - 2:15PM
Kindred Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop a comment(=´∇`=)
Thanks for visiting (♥ó㉨ò)ノ♡