Onyx Bar & Grill | Steak night in Burwood 🥩

Last month I booked a table at Onyx Bar & Grill to celebrate two occasions, a birthday for one friend, and a farewell for another friend as she embarks on her new journey in Canada. I heard about this place from my bestie who told me she had found a great place for steak that was close to home, so of course I had to try this place out!

Onyx Bar & Grill is a 7-minute walk from Burwood Station, or a 4-minute walk from Westfield Burwood, which offers parking. Upon entering the restaurant, the staff were very friendly, with their warm hospitality and showed me to my table while confirming the special occasions for the booking. The atmosphere of the restaurant was classy yet cozy, and I managed to catch golden hour. 

As my friends were running a little late looking for parking, 1 started the evening with their Apple Cranberry Zing mocktail ($12) which was refreshing and delicious, with a light tangy-ness to it. This was perfect for a warm summer night.  

Once everyone arrived, we placed our orders and were anticipating our meal to commence. For the entrees, we ordered the Crudo of the day (salmon), Beef Tartare, Battered Cauliflower, Calamari Fritti, and their Truffle Shoestring Fries. The Truffle Shoestring Fries ($26) which was great to nibble on while waiting for the rest of the entree and mains to arrive. 


The Salmon Crudo ($20) was fresh and came with a delicious tangy dressing which was the perfect way to start the meal and tickle our tastebuds of what's to come next. 

As for their Beef Tartare ($22) was rich, tender, and beefy, but not heavy in flavours at all. This made it a lovely dish as an entree. 

When the Calamari Fritti ($22) arrived at our table, we could smell how delicious it would be! And boy did they not disappoint, as they were chewy and crunchy and paired well with the accompanying sauce. I would highly recommend ordering this dish.  

The last entree we had ordered was their Battered Cauliflower ($18), which honestly took me by surprise! The cauliflowers were covered in a delicious dressing that was incredibly delicious, making it very appetising and kept wanting more! 

Our mains finally arrived, where I shared the Chef's Cut of the Day - Rib Eye (550g) and their Blue Cheese Gnocchi, one of their specials of the day.
The Rib Eye ($99) was cooked perfectly, tender, juicy and full of flavour. The side of the vegetables was also a nice touch to cleanse the palette, and the green pepper....had quite the KICK! (spicy alert!)

My favourite dish of the night was their Blue Cheese Gnocchi ($30) which was one of their specials of the day. The moment the gnocchi was placed on my table it just smelt divine! It definitely did not disappoint when it came to taste too, we licked the plate clean! The gnocchi was soft, fat and chewy, and the blue cheese sauce was not overwhelming at all, if anything the dish had the perfect balance with the tanginess from the cherry tomatoes and the creaminess of the cheese. 

I finished off dinner, with dessert and ordered the Creme Brulee ($16), which I had forgotten to take a photo of (we devoured it so quickly!). The creme brulee had the crunchiest layer of burnt sugar on the top and the creamiest custard filling. I would highly recommend saving a little stomach space for dessert! 

Overall, my friends and I had the most wonderful time dining at Onyx Bar & Grill as the food was delicious, the atmosphere was great and the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful in assisting in preparing the personalised messages for the desserts for my two friends! 

I would recommend dining at Onyx for its great steak, delicious gnocchi and unexpectedly delicious battered cauliflower. One thing to note is I found the pricing is a tad high for some of the menu items, however, I had a great time here with my friends and I can definitely see myself coming back with my family and friends again. 

Ground Floor, 60 Burwood Rd, Burwood NSW 2134
PH: (02) 8889 3915
Opening hours: MON - TUES: CLOSED, WED - SUN: 5PM - 10PM

No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop a comment(=´∇`=)
Thanks for visiting (♥ó㉨ò)ノ♡