Back at The Grounds of Alexandria (♥ω♥ ) ~♪

My first weekend back in Sydney, my brothers and I decided to take my mum out for breakfast at The Grounds of Alexandria. My mum has never been before and we've shown her photo's of the times we went with our friends/partners. She thought the food, markets and animals all looked pretty cool and different! 




We decided to leave the house around 9:30am and got there at around 10am. We were super lucky and got a parking on site instantly, even though The Grounds was packed already! We went to get our buzzer for the cafe, before roaming around the area and checking out the markets and animals. I must say The Grounds has changed a lot since the last time I went.



It's much bigger, better and more amazing than before! The flower store is massive, there is an official burger/hotdog stand, a cute children's corner and just behind the flower store there is a marketplace, where small business come to sell! My elder brother and I purchased a few candles and essences, cause they smelt so good! 



We looked around at everything for about 30-40 minutes before our buzzer went off. We headed straight to the cafe and took our seats. We were limited to only the breakfast menu, as they only serve the lunch menu from 12pm. 



We ordered all different dishes each, but my mum was totally digging the Breakfast burger that was being served around nearby tables. So she had to order one of them. We also ordered our coffee and began the waiting game.




Then one by one each dish came out and it was time to dig in!



I got their Signature Avocado with an added sides of a poached egg and bacon. It's pretty much avocado, heirloom tomato, feta, pomegrante, za'atar with The Grounds sourdough (AUD$17). There was a generous amount of avocado, probably used a whole avocado and the toppings were delicious. 



My younger brothers' girlfriend for The Grounds Big Breakkie, which comes with Serrano ham, smoked tomatoes, baby peppers, chorizo, roast pumpkin, avocado, poached eggsm labne and sourdough toast (AUD$22). There was so much to eat off this plate and we all had to help in to finish this dish off.



My elder brother got the Chefs Breakkie pan, with winter vegetables hash, slow cooked duck, duck sausage, a hens egg and sweet onion relish (AUD$22). I really liked the flavours of this dish, as it is really homey and cosy! 



My younger brother got the King Crab Omelette. It consists of freshly shelled crab meat, free ranged eggs and crème fraîche with zucchini & herb salad (AUD$22). I found this dish quite average, but I did love the fluffiness of the omelette. 



And finally, the Breakfast Burger that my mum wanted! It had bacon, fried egg, avocado, lettuce, cheese, tomato relish and smoky mayo on a brioche bun with a side of polenta chips (AUS$18). The burger was juicy and packed with fresh ingredients! My mum thoroughly enjoyed her burger and didn't leave a single crumb.




We also ordered some coffee, which I was super excited for as this was my first cup of coffee since I landed back in Sydney from my trip. 


I ordered the Deconstructed Mocha and it was perfect!! 



After brunch we went and checked out the farm animals and took a few more photos before we left. 

♥♥♥♥♥
[06022017]
Last time I mentioned I might be going to Japan this year...but looks likes plans have changed as there is no more ideal $0 return flights back to Sydney, so I guess I will just save up my leave for next year instead. 
Remember to like my facebook page, subscribe to my youtube channel, follow my instagram:"lazypandah" & LOOKBOOK:lazypandah for daily updates! 

Comments are love ♥
-LAZYPANDAH
Follow on Bloglovin 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop a comment(=´∇`=)
Thanks for visiting (♥ó㉨ò)ノ♡