Bistro Nido | French & Japanese-inspired Restaurant

Located on the corner of Regent Place, Bistro Nido, a French and Japanese-inspired opened its doors in May 2023. This restaurant offers an intimate setting for a lunch or dinner date with about 40 seatings available. In July, two of my friends and I decided it was time to check this place out and catch up. 


Their menu offered a nice variety of dishes along with a couple of side options. We decided to start the afternoon with a glass of red and a couple of entree-like dishes. This included the rock oysters ($39) and tuna tartare ($32). The rock oysters were fresh and delicious, and the tuna crudo with aged southern bluefin tuna, white soy, and chives was also another refreshing dish that was delightful to enjoy. 

As for the main dishes, we ordered the dry-aged wagyu oyster with jus ($95). This dish has been dry-aged for 14 days, full blood mbs 9+, 2GR, NSW, grain-fed. It was tender and not gamey at all. We also ordered half a roasted duck breast, pickled kyoho grape, and jus ($45). The combination of flavours was lovely and would recommend ordering this dish to enjoy. 

Overall, I had a pleasant time at Bistro Nido, however, I don't see myself coming back anytime soon unless there is a new menu item that captures my attention. Although I enjoyed the dishes, there was none that really stood out that would have me craving to come back again for more, especially for the prices. Nevertheless, I'm glad to have checked this one off my places-to-try list. 

Regent Place, Shop 10.07/501 George St, Sydney NSW 2000
PH: (02) 9283 9762
Opening Hours: Mon & Tues: CLOSED | Wed - Sat: 5:30 - 10:30 PM | Fri & Sat: 12:00 -3:00 PM | Sun: 12:00 - 5:00 PM

No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop a comment(=´∇`=)
Thanks for visiting (♥ó㉨ò)ノ♡