「とようけ茶屋」Toyouke Chaya // Best Tofu in Kyoto (ノ^ヮ^)ノ*:・゚✧

Ghost Divider - Free by etNoirGhost Divider - Free by etNoirGhost Divider - Free by etNoir
Ryota drove us to a restaurant which was famous for their tofu. Kyoto is famous for their tofu and green tea so how can I not try them both out right! The restaurant is called とようけ茶屋(Toyouke Chaya). 
Adventure Time Wobbly Jake Icon by angelishi
Once we parked the car we walked towards the direction of the restaurant and there was already a queue. We waited in the line for an hour in the freezing cold before we could settle a table inside. 
Ice King Crown Free Avatar Pixel Adventure Time by rockettreverie
If you're impatient type, it's okay because you can definitely purchase slabs of tofu to bring back home to eat if you aren't bothered to line up as long as we did. Try their tofu pudding's too while you're at it!! 
Free Strawberri Avi by PhoebeRose
Once we got inside we quickly placed our orders as we were starving!! While I was looking at the small side menu we were given complimentary entrée's. 
Strawberry Jelly by angelishi
It's a spoonful amount of chilled tofu with some soy sauce served with hocha. After taking a few photo's, I quickly spooned myself some of the tofu and I was completely...MIND BLOWN!! The tofu was incredibly creamy and soft, like steamed eggs but even softer!! I don't know how they do it but they do it just so RIGHT!!
FREE Jellyfish Icon by koffeelam
Then one by one our individual dishes started to come out! Ryota ordered a chicken katsu dish. I took a bite and it was a lovely hearty dish which definitely warms you up in winter!
Squishy Burger FREE AVATAR by MellotheMarshmallow
Max decided to go full on out and ordered the Tofu pot set menu! It came with small side dishes and rice which is perfect if you're on the hungrier side. 
Adventure Time - Princess Bubblegum Icon by Matchstar
I went for the simpler version and got the Tofu Pot as I wanted to leave space for dessert. The soup was just so crisp, clear and delicious! 
free pixel :grumpy tea by Xx-Aisec-xX
Once more the tofu was just amazing. The only way I can express the texture is by comparing it to Tofu-fa(a Chinese tofu pudding) which is well known for it's softness and silkiness BUT! this tofu goes beyond that!! It is to the extreme where it just glides down as soon as you place it into your mouth. Also the flavor of the tofu produced here is just unbelievable, most tofu I have tried usually have a slight bitter curd-like taste due to the fermentation of the soybeans BUT here you can only taste the sweetness and aroma's of the soybean. 
HotChocolate and Marshmallows by Mini-Umbrella
After that amazing tofu lunch I ordered their Tofu Manju (Tofu dumpling). The skin was not sticky on the teeth at all but had that perfect chew to it and the filling was just beautiful and went so well with the green tea served along side. 
FREE Kitties Icon by KelliBean
I thoroughly enjoyed my last meal in Kyoto and I can say this meal was definitely worth the 1 hour wait in the cold. I highly recommend going to Toyouke Chaya to try their amazing tofu's even if it's their takeaway ones! Although, my friend Max was not a huge fan of this meal as it lacked in meatier dishes, but hey, pftt...boys will be boys!. 
Free Love Sushi Avatar by zara-leventhal
Before we left for Osaka we decided to stop by the Daiso store behind Kyoto Station, The Cube and Isetan for last minute shopping! I manage to purchase a few snacks and goodies to bring back home as souvenirs for friends and family. 
::Free icon - Sailor Moon:: by Mimru
The biggest purchase during my Japan trip was my Vivienne Westwood purchases I made at Isetan in Kyoto Station. I had been longing for a pair of V.W earrings since I first came across this brand, which I came across when I was watching jdrama Hana Yori Dango when it first aired. 
Kawaii Avatar by marupanda
♥♥♥♥♥
[DAILY UPDATE]
170615
Just casually procrastinating while I study, what better way than to do something more productive (such as blogging). On another note, I have exactly one month until I will be in Japan again enjoying all the food, people, shopping and culture once more!
Free Icon - Pink Perfume Bottle by ravenfire-1
Anyways leave your comments of what you'd love to see in the prizes from Japan, for the Japan giveaway!!

Remember to like my facebook pagesubscribe to my youtube channels (old/new), follow my instagram:"lazypandah" & LOOKBOOK:lazypandah for daily updates! 

Comments are love ♥


-LAZYPANDAH
Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments :

  1. Omg I want to go to the tofu restaurant so much wtf 😭 roughly how much was this entire meal?:0

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove tofu in all its forms so I might try this place when I got to Kyoto later this year. I don't know if I'd have the patience to queue though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you don't have the patience to wait just buy some of their takeaway tofu!! Still just as good!! And they have the dessert ones too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all relatively cheap!! I believe the set menu was about AUD$20ish? with amazing portions too! I'll have to double check the next time I go again in July :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg. I need to go. Absolutely out of this world amazing 😍😍😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh yum, I love tofu too :) A tofu dessert sounds pretty amazing too!


    Suzy
    pret-tea.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh it tasted great too :D
    Just thinking about it makes me crave for their tofu!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop a comment(=´∇`=)
Thanks for visiting (♥ó㉨ò)ノ♡