Cafe Oratnek // Japanese Café in Sydney (♥ω♥ ) ~♪

It has been a while since I blogged about a nice cafe around Sydney as most of my posts have been about Japan. Although, today's post is somewhat related to the Japanese culture. Yesterday I met up with an old friend of mine and we've been wanting to go to Cafe Oratnek which is a new-ish Japanese café brunch spot In Redfern.

First thing I ordered off the menu was their Matcha Latte ($4.20/$4.90). I have to say their matcha has that authentic bitterness to it, but it was a bit overwhelming for myself so I added a teaspoon of sugar. If you look at the photo you can see 3 different tones of green which was the froth, matcha residue and the matcha infused milk. The texture of the latte was really smooth and silky which I highly recommend!

As for food we ordered two dishes, the first being their Pork Fillet Katsu Sandwich($10), which I have been constantly seeing on my Instagram feed everyday! So it was one of the dishes that I had to taste with my own tongue and all I can say is...I LOVE IT! The pork katsu is extremely juicy, succulent and tender whilst the outer layer is crunchy! It wasn't heavy at all due to the refreshing cabbage and the seasoning was perfect, which was simply Japanese BBQ sauce & mustard. 

The second dish we ordered was from their breakfast menu, which was their Sautéed mixed of Wild Mushrooms on Toast($13). We also added a poached egg (+$2.50) to complete our brunch. I was absolutely in love with this dish as the miso and butter flavors really seasoned the mushroom and the toast well! It also had some dried chili flakes for that extra punch in taste and the goats cheese and herbs made this dish perfect! 

Last item we ordered was their Matcha Tiramisu, we just couldn't leave without trying at least one of their sweets selection. The texture of the tiramisu cake was incredibly moist, light and fluffy, I couldn't believe my taste buds! Although I would have preferred it to have a stronger matcha flavor like their latte. 

Overall, I didn't experience any Monday Blue symptoms  and I may have found my new "GO-TO" brunch spot for a while! Not only do the dishes taste amazing, it is also relatively cheap, in my opinion! In total we spent only $36.50, where on average we would spent about $50 for a brunch session like this. Simply love this place! HIGHLY RECOMMEND to all my Sydney-dwelling readers!

Cafe Oratnek
4 Pitt Street, Redfern, 2016
Opening Hours: Open 7 days, MON-SAT: 7am-4pm, SUN: 8am-4pm
E: mail@oratnek.com.au
T: (02) 8394 9550
FACEBOOK // INSTAGRAM

♥♥♥♥♥

[290915]
The sun has finally decide to shine towards the end of spring and it's finally mid-sem break! I shall be uploading and blogging more this week as the next couple of weeks are going to be crazy busy for me. I just uploaded my VLOG#4 installment from my Japan Summer Trip. You can now watch it below! 

♥♥♥♥♥
LONG TIME NO SELFIE!

Remember to like my facebook pagesubscribe to my youtube channels (old/new), follow my instagram:"lazypandah" & LOOKBOOK:lazypandah for daily updates! 

Comments are love ♥


-LAZYPANDAH
Follow on Bloglovin


No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop a comment(=´∇`=)
Thanks for visiting (♥ó㉨ò)ノ♡