Landed in New Zealand // Exploring Auckland City .+:。(ノ・ω・)ノ゙

Finally blogging about my New Zealand adventures, and I'm super excited to share them with you guys! A few vlogs have already been posted onto my youtube channel, which I shall share them at the end of this blog post.



My boyfriend, Mr. Smiles and I departed to New Zealand on the 12th February. Our flight was delayed 2 times and we spent a total of 7 hours at the airport from morning to noon. 



However once we finally arrived in New Zealand, Auckland airport, we went and picked up  our rental car and drove to the nearest Woolworths (known as Countdown in NZ), to buy some groceries for dinner and breakfast and lunch for the following day.



Once we arrived at our first accommodation at the Empire Apartments, located about 10min walk from the CBD of Auckland, we ditched our stuff into the room and groceries into the fridge. Then we headed out to explore the night life of Auckland CBD. 



It was around 10pm when we headed out so most cafe, restaurants were closed at this time. However I did see a Korean BBQ place that was open! 



We decided to go to a bar called Mezze bar which is quite popular amongst tourist and locals! As we were walking in the CBD we noticed scenes that looked very similar to the Sydney or Melbourne CBD. 



As soon as I saw this sling shot ride it instantly reminded me of my childhood. I came to Auckland for the first time with my cousin and family friends. My cousins went on this ride and I chickened out (at that time I was like..14 y.o?). Ahhh them feels when I saw familiar scenes popping up. 



We arrived at Mezze bar and it welcomed up with a relaxing and comfortable atmosphere. Their menu offers coffee, cakes, full meals and alcoholic beverages, catering towards any meal of the day.  



Since it was a Friday night, it was best we ended our day with a cocktail and glass of wine. I ordered their cocktail called the Rhubarb Rhoyale. I cannot remember what the exact ingredients were but the flavours were light yet strong. Really enjoyed this refreshing taste. 



On the other hand, the boyfriend decided to get a red wine. He chose the Wanaka Rd pinot noir, which so happened to be the staff's favourite red on the menu too. I took a few sips and boy I could understand why!! It was incredibly delicious as it went down so smooth and tasted amazing. Honestly I cannot find the right words to describe the taste but I would say it's zingingly sweet?


As for our snack, we ordered an upside down plum cake. Once again it was amazing!! The friendly staff told me they had so many plums in their backyard, so instead of wasting them they made use of it and made cake! Their freshly whipped cream went really well with the cake too! I highly recommend this cake if you see it!! After an enjoyable night talking, drinking and snacking it was time to head back as we had a super early start the next day. 


9 Durham St East, Auckland CBD, New Zealand
Opening Hours:
Sun-Mon: 7am - 10:30pm
Tues-Wed: 7am - 11pm
Fri-Sat: 7am - 11:30pm
Ph: (09) 307 2029

Mezze Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
♥♥♥♥♥
[010416]
OMG! 1st of April!! Already 1/4 way into 2016 already! Anyway you can watch my NZ vlog adventures on my youtube channel! So far I have two vlogs out for now but I will surely be getting the rest up soon, so SUBSCRIBE to my youtube family to keep updated. 
Remember to like my facebook page, subscribe to my youtube channel, follow my instagram:"lazypandah" & LOOKBOOK:lazypandah for daily updates! 

Comments are love ♥


-LAZYPANDAH
Follow on Bloglovin 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop a comment(=´∇`=)
Thanks for visiting (♥ó㉨ò)ノ♡