Feasting in Chatswood // Thai close to home Khao Pla (❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*

Last night I was craving Thai food so I out with my mum and brother to Khao Pla as it was their first time trying it. I've only eaten here once when it first opened for lunch so I was also excited to try their dinner menu. We did order quite a bit that night but managed to finish all but one, we took the extra home.


 The first dish we tried was their Yum pla dip ($15), which was salmon sashimi, chilli and tamarind. I love how they put the crunchy fried onion in it too! The entrée was packed full of the Thai herbs and spice, which created a lovely and appetising taste!



Next up was their Pork Ribs ($19), cooked twice with sweet and sour sauce, palm sugar and tamarind. This was divine!! It was slightly crispy on the outside and the meat was so tender it fell off the bone. Flavours were really good and again they added my favourite fried onions!  


The Massamun beef curry ($16) was quite well made too! It is very similar to the taste at my favourite Thai restaurant in the city and the meat was very tender and succulent! 



We also ordered a salad and picked the Yum nashi pear salad, with crispy fish, shallots, dried shrimp, peanut, lime and palm sugar. I've never seen a pear salad in a Thai restaurant before so we just had to try it. It was surprisingly refreshing and flavourful, plus the battered crispy fish were very still warm and soft on the inside.



Then we had our Pad Thai with chicken, dried shrimp, egg, bean sprouts and peanut. This again was well made, even my mum was impressed (as she is usually the more picky eater than I am!).  



To finish the night off, I ordered dessert. I was intrigued at how different their desserts are compared to all the other Thai restaurants out there and I did want to order 2 but I knew I wouldn't fit them both in so I got one. I ordered the warm black sticky rice served with Thai milk tea ice-cream, jasmine tapioca and sugar cane sauce. It was a very lovely dessert as everything was in harmony!! The ice-cream was very rich in the milk tea flavour which I enjoyed a lot. 

Super happy we have now found a Thai restaurant in Chatswood that my mum think is quite good. Despite the slightly higher prices and smaller portions (compared to the one in the city, which is still my number ONE favourite), this place is not bad for when we have Thai cravings and are too lazy to travel all the way to the CBD. 

Khao Pla
Shop 7, 370 Victoria Ave, Chatswood
Opening Hours: Mon-Sun: 11am - 10pm
Ph: (02) 9412 4978
Khao Pla Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

♥♥♥♥♥
[110516]
It is Wednesday humpday, meaning my new video came out today! Have you watch it yet!? If not I have placed it below so you can enjoy!
Remember to like my facebook page, subscribe to my youtube channel, follow my instagram:"lazypandah" & LOOKBOOK:lazypandah for daily updates! 

Comments are love ♥
-LAZYPANDAH
Follow on Bloglovin 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop a comment(=´∇`=)
Thanks for visiting (♥ó㉨ò)ノ♡