Matcha Crossiant // Top Impression Bakery (•ө•)♡

Here's some matcha news for your Monday blues! Over the weekend I met up with my girlie's, Stephy and Virginia, as we hadn't met up in a while due to our busy working and studying schedules! We decided to go try the instafamous Matcha croissants at the Top Impression Bakery in Wolli Creek. 


There was quite a queue when we arrived, as people were either buying takeaway or eating in, it was busy! We decided to grab lunch, since we got there around 12:30 in the afternoon. We all ordered our own meals and had to pre-order our matcha croissants as they just sold out, but were in the process of making a fresh batch.


I ordered their Bruschetta ($11.50), which came with tomato, red onion salsa, basil pesto and a poached egg on sourdough. The salsa was very refreshing and seasoned well and the egg was perfectly poached.



Virginia ordered their TOP IMPRESSION Mixed Platter ($14.50), which came with smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, chorizo sausage, feta salad, tomato, avocado salsa and sourdough. 

Stephy ordered their Smoke Salmon Florentine on sourdough ($10.80), which came with a poached egg, mixed salad and mayonnaise. 


After finishing our meal, the croissants were finally ready after 1.5 hours!! They had the best freshly baked buttery aroma when they were placed in front of us and we couldn't wait to try them out, but first...PHOTOS! Matcha Croissants ($5/each)

  
When I cut opened the croissants, the matcha filling was just sitting nicely in the centre without any of it falling out. The croissant itself was very crispy on the outer surface and the matcha filling was quite nice. However, I wouldn't say I was crazy in love with this matcha product. I guess the main reason was, yes it had heaps of matcha filling and all, but I feel there wasn't enough of that matcha intensity. I couldn't taste the matcha in the croissant bread itself as the buttery-ness was more overpowering that you start to get a tad bored of the flavours. 


Overall their lunch dishes were nothing special in flavour or appearance. You can definitely give those a miss unless you are really hungry because you have to wait for a new batch of matcha croissants to be made.
As for these #instafamous matcha croissant, is it worth the hype? To me, NO! I know it is a tough comparison, but in Japan I had the BEST ever tasting Hoji-cha (roasted tea) flavoured croissant which had the perfect balance of buttery-ness and hoji-cha! The croissant itself was soft and fluffy on the inside and crunchy on the outer layers, but still bringing forth the aromatic and flavourful tastes of hoji-cha. These matcha croissant just don't do the same, sorry! 
However, I can understand why it would be popular, it is after all, the first and currently, only bakery, that are doing matcha croissants with matcha filling. In the future, I hope they do a black sesame flavoured one, as that will be the time I will be back.


Top Impression Bakery Cafe
5/6 Discovery Point Pl, Wolli Creek, 2205
Opening Hours: Mon-Fri: 6am - 7pm, Sat: 6am - 5pm, Sun: 8am - 4pm
Ph: n/a

Top Impression Bakery & Patisserie Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

♥♥♥♥♥
[160516]
Good morning guys!! I cannot believe I only have 3 weeks of uni left! Well the next few weeks I will be super busy with a quiz, 1 major essay and 1 major report to do by the end of semester! I will try to get some more photos and videos edited, so I can still have some content to share with you guys on my blog and youtube channel! Anyway I am off to the gym for a quick session, BYE!!!
Remember to like my facebook page, subscribe to my youtube channel, follow my instagram:"lazypandah" & LOOKBOOK:lazypandah for daily updates! 

Comments are love ♥
-LAZYPANDAH
Follow on Bloglovin 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop a comment(=´∇`=)
Thanks for visiting (♥ó㉨ò)ノ♡