Two Birthday boys eat at Glass Brasserie (ノ≧ڡ≦)

Last Saturday, I had dinner with a group of friends to celebrate two of our friend's, Terrence and Andrew's birthday's! The two birthday boys decided to book dinner at Glass Brasserie restaurant & wine bar. It was all our first time coming here, except Andrew who came once a long time ago. 



We started off with complimentary breads which came in two different sorts. Both the plain and seasoned bread were served warm and came with olive oil to have with. I did enjoy the one that was seasoned. 



After a long time deciding what to eat, the food finally arrived and we all chose our own entrée. But of course, camera eats first! The dishes were so colourful when placed together for a flatlay shot. 



I ordered the Yabbies with crème fraîche, shaved turnip, persimmon and amaranth leaf ($30). The yabbies were cooked perfectly and went very well with the sides and crème fraîche. 


I had a few bites from a few of the other entrée too, which were alright. The photo above is their Indian spiced moreton bay bug with caramelised yoghurt, pineapple, curry leaf butter, Vietnamese mint. Appearance wise though...wasn't that nice, I must admit. Doesn't look great in photos or in person at all and the taste was alright.


The King fish sashimi with ginger, shallots and Persian feta was really nice, and it one of the popular dishes that people order at this restaurant.


The latter two entrées I didn't try as I was awaiting for my main to come, but I did take photos of them regardless. They are the Free ranged crab omelette and Rare wagyu beef.  



Our main dishes took quite a while to come out of the kitchen, if remembered correctly we waited almost an hour for all our main dishes to arrive. The first to arrive were the two birthday boys' dish as they had ordered the same one, which was the Greenham TAS dry-aged rib eye 450g with garlic mushrooms and Diane sauce. We had the mushrooms and they were so good!! 



I ordered the Milk and truffle poached milk-fed veal with celeriac, leeks, picked onions, shaved pear and cheddar cheese sauce. I could definitely smell the truffle in my dish, which was divine. However I didn't really like this dish all that much. The flavours were quite bland, there was no harmony in taste at all. It isn't a bad dish, but I don't think I would order this dish again.  


I also tried the sause of the Snapper fillet with crispy prawns, Thai salad and spicy broth. The broth was delicious as I could taste the herbs used in the broth. 

The next broth that I tried was from the Murray Cod by " Murray Gold", with crab, corn, zucchini, garlic chives in parmesan broth. The broth again was nice rich and creamy~ It tasted way better than my cheddar cheese sauce! 



The final main was their Rangers valley NSW 270 grain-fed scotch 300g, with summer vegetables, parmesan and truffle jus. It did look like a very delicious dish as I could smell the truffle as they placed the dish down. 


Once we had finished our meals, we ordered dessert and to get a "happy birthday" message written on it too.



The Vanilla crème brulee with macadamia biscotti was amazing! The crème was made perfectly and the vanilla taste was strong and beautiful on the palette. 



The other dessert we ordered was their Pear & raspberry tarte tatin with tarragon and sheep's milk sorbet. The tarte was quite nice, but we were all not a fan of the sheep's milk sorbet. It was light and subtle at first, but the overpowering curdy? taste. I'm not sure how I can describe it but it wasn't pleasant. 


Although the dishes were a hit and a miss at times, we had a wonderful time celebrating the two birthday boys that night. We left super full, but maybe because we had to wait so long for our food that our stomachs shrank. Regardless, I wouldn't mind coming here again to have their crème brulee again, as for their main dishes I might just give them a miss instead. 


Glass Brasserie Restaurant & Wine Bar
Level 2, Hilton Sydney Hotel, 488 George St, CBD
Opening Hours: 
Lunch Mon-Fri: 12am - 3pm
Dinner Mon-Sun: 6pm - 9:30pm
Ph: (02) 9265 6068
glass brasserie Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

♥♥♥♥♥

[120516]
Today I didn't head out to the gym as I had to finish off an essay which I just submitted! I've only got two major essay left which are due at the end of semester. Although I only have 2 left, I really need to pull through as this will be my final semester and then it's goodbye freedom, hello full time slavery! 
Remember to like my facebook page, subscribe to my youtube channel, follow my instagram:"lazypandah" & LOOKBOOK:lazypandah for daily updates! 

Comments are love ♥
-LAZYPANDAH
Follow on Bloglovin 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop a comment(=´∇`=)
Thanks for visiting (♥ó㉨ò)ノ♡